Saturday 13 June 2009

Dinner at Jogoya...

Jogoya is one of my few favourite dining places in KL..reason? The restaurant serves up to 200 types of dishes and desserts (that's what they claimed), nice ambient for dining and most importantly, an endless supply of awesome food, yes endless. It is a buffet restaurant which you can eat all the sushi's, spring rolls, abalones, satays, Häagen-Dazs ice creams..etc to your hearts content ...


Sushi platter

My first stop whenever I go the restaurant is the sushi bar. They have most of the sushis and sashimis found in a typical Japanese restaurant, salmon, tuna, kaviar, maki rolls, you name it....except the big, fat juicy toros (tuna belly, which they won't serve it due to the price of toro...) Too bad for me and lucky for them... otherwise I would have finished all their supplies...(I ended up whacking their raw abalone cubes instead ...can't remember the amount I have taken, maybe half of what they have that night?)


Sukiyaki with scallops, beef, chicken and other stuff

Next, we had sukiyaki (steam boat dish ) with beef, chicken, scallops and some vegetables...and....the meat platter


Meat platter

I love this combination...Lamb chops, satays and loads and loads of abalones, both raw and fried...(since you have no tuna belly... I shall eat all your abalones!!!). I was anticipating the juicy steam cod fish (which i had before) but it wasn't available that night..(maybe they took it off the menu knowing I would be there that night...son of a b***h..therefore I shall continue to whack the abalones....)

As for drinks, we had tea (imagine a scene where 3 teenagers having chinese tea like the elders..), tonnes of coconuts and AK-47 (me only...due to it's violent nature..and I love violence...nice pairing right?)


Fresh coconut and AK-47

I can't get enough of the ever refreshing coconuts...damn. It's nice and soothing after a fiery wasabi in the mouth. AK-47 is an alcoholic drink which I kinda love it and hate it..The taste is somewhat odd...All I can say about the drink is .....Bullet in the mouth!!!


Desserts....

And lastly, the mouth watering desserts. Puddings and cakes...We didn't manage to get some shots of the Haagen-Daaz ice creams as we finished them the moment we got them (It's Haagen-daaz..not Walls)..and we were busy tasting the puddings and cakes too....while enjoying the coconuts and engaging in some I-can't-remember-what-we-talked-about ocnversation..(must be the after effect of AK-47...)...



The work by Yvonne...

Lastly, thanks to Yvonne for the wonderful photos....I had my hands and mouth full...

No comments: