Sunday 7 October 2007

Goose Fair n Bak kut Teh…

Been busy enjoying my time here, good food, interesting people…etc. I went to The Annual Nottingham GooseFair with the usual gang and some students from Malaysia..and one big big guy (much bigger than Shara in terms of diameter) from Yemen. To my surprise, one of the female Malaysian students recognizes me, which I felt honoured by that. (Should i?…lol) The Goosefair was a really big temporary funfair. We saw some really scary rides, especially the bungee launching thing where two people will be launched to the height of 10 storeys and left there flinging…similiar like a bungee jump..just that you are going upwards…..I went to try my luck in the darts and the ring throwing game. The ring throwing game is a scam….no one can ever win anything…not even the cheapest prize as you need to get the ring 100% fit into the large boxes….(The fella of the stall sounds like a robotic as she repeats the same thing over and over again: "A-n-y-o-n-e w-a-n-t-s t-o p-l-a-y? O-n-l-y 5 p-o-u-n-d-s f-o-r-6 r-i-n-g-s....."

As for the dart throwing game, Albert went first and scored 22. According to the rules of the game, each player has 3 darts and if you score 10 points, you’ll get a small teddy bear…50.. a medium toy..and above 50..a large toy..Albert got the small cute teddy bear. I tried my luck and i got 5-3-1….9 points..The funny thing is…you’ll get a much larger version of the small teddy bear if you scored below 10..Albert was severely depressed by that…haha..and I was called a genius and skilled for that….(maybe as it is very hard to get below 10…haha)


goosefair


bungee fling & my prize teddy

The next day, I went out to Beeston with Ben, Shara and Albert. I had some spicy chinese food for lunch which reminds me a bit of malaysian food…except it's much much more oily…after that, we did some shopping there and stopped by Raleigh park where i met another 2 interesting fellows..Ben’s classmate, Justin and a postgraduate, George…both Malaysian Chinese. We had some really nice Bak Kut Teh for dinner…(Take that Nick, we don’t have to go to Klang for nice Bak Kut Teh)..After the delicious meal, we started chatting (mostly nonsense) and talked about our past experiences….tuna smell & tuna in oil…screwed up people..etc…We had some really good laughs until i was almost out of breath….

No comments: